Industrial Fire Causes Toxic Smoke, Richmond Residents Evacuate

Objectivity 4.5 | Credibility 4.8 | Relevance 4.7

An industrial fire broke out in a building in Richmond, Indiana, where plastics and other materials were stored for recycling, causing some residents to evacuate due to “definitely toxic” smoke. Richmond Fire Chief Tim Brown said the owner had previously been cited for the unsafe storage of plastics at the site. The facility was described as “massive” and “filled wall to wall” with “unknown types of plastics.” The fire is expected to burn for a few days, and about 2,000 people have evacuated the area. There have been no serious injuries reported from the fire.